Monday, October 17, 2011

"It was an accident"

ac·ci·dent:
1. an undesirable or unfortunate happening that occurs unintentionally and usually results in harm, injury, damage, or loss; casualty, mishap: automobile accidents.
2. Law. such a happening resulting in injury that is in no way the fault of the injured person for which compensation or indemnity is legally sought.
3. any event that happens unexpectedly, without a deliberate plan or cause.
4. chance; fortune; luck: I was there by accident.
5. a fortuitous circumstance, quality, or characteristic: an accident of birth.

Tessa has learned the word accident. She has not however, learned the true definition.

This is not an accident:

Neither is this (just up close of the above shot):

However, when I came home from work and noticed all of this markering on the walls, I was told, "It was an acciwent."

So when you tell me it was an accident, you are saying that you unintentionally took the lid off the marker, unexpectedly walked yourself over to the wall, and just by luck wrote on the wall?

And then she goes and gives me this cute face.

And repeats, "But it was an acciwent Mommy!" Fine Tessa, fine. It was an accident.

PS in all fairness I must point out that the longer strokes were from JJ. Tessa did the more focused, all in one spot coloring.

1 comment:

  1. This post made me LAUGH and LAUGH! I ran over to Jimmy with the laptop and both he and I giggled over how funny your situation was, because we can relate. Not in a wall-coloring moment, but in countless other "accidents." I get the "Sahwee. I didn't mean to mommy..." Oh really? I'm pretty sure you absolutely meant to, you little snot.

    ReplyDelete