Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

Since Tessa is still princess-obsessed, we decided to re-use her birthday dress-up outfit for Halloween. Yes, she was Cinderella and JJ was Gus the mouse!

We were invited to do some trick or treating pre-gaming at the Cathcart's in the form of eating pizza and drinking juice. Yes, pre-gaming has taken on a much different definition since the introduction of children into our lives.

Chelsea invited a bunch of friends with young kids over so they could take advantage of our big neighborhood.

JJ got started early on an obsession with dum-dums.

His girlfriend, Reagan the monkey enjoyed the dum-dums as well.

Tessa and Ashton the fireman practiced safety by holding hands as they walked across the street. This was all them - they decided to hold hands and I ran in front to snap a picture. I just love it.

After hitting up our street, Jonny and JJ went home to hand out candy. Tessa and I ventured a street farther. As we were walking, Tessa noticed that Jonny and JJ were not with us. She said to me, "Mommy, where's Daddy and JJ?" I told her they went home. She said "That's because they are scared." Yes Tessa, Daddy and JJ are scared!

When Tessa and I joined Jonny and JJ back home, Jonny told me how JJ decided to fill his time while handing out candy. He went through our bowl of candy, found a dum-dum, made Jonny open it, and then sucked on it for approximately 20 seconds. Then he would throw it on the ground, find a new dum-dum, and make Jonny open it. This went on and on. When I got home there was a pile of about 10 slightly licked dum-dums. One lucky trick or treater might have even received one of these slightly licked dum-dums in their treat bag. Sorry buddy.

I title this picture "When you know your 1 year old has had enough candy."

We were even lucky enough to get a family picture taken! Happy Halloween from the Maxson's!

No comments:

Post a Comment