Some fun facts about Tessa as she is half a year old:
* Tessa is a very chubby baby. She has huge rolls on her arms and legs and sports a nice round buddha belly!
* We estimate she weighs around 18 pounds and is starting to wear size 12 months clothes already!
* Tessa is still being breastfed. This is a feat that I am very proud of as I am working full-time and am able to still keep this up for my baby. I hope we can continue until she is 1.
* Tessa is very smiley and happy almost all the time.
* Tessa laughs at the dogs. As of right now they are the only things that will make her laugh.
* We tried to introduce solids to her about 2 weeks ago because she seemed very interested in food. However, she does not want to have anything to do with rice cereal, bananas, and sweet potatoes. We will try again soon. We plan on making our own baby food for Tessa. That's right, cook fruits and vegetables, then mash them up and freeze it. So far we have done this with sweet potatoes and have 27 cubed portions in our freezer!
* Tessa started sleeping through the night at 3 months (10-11 hours!) but for the past 3 weeks now she has decided to wake up 2-3 times. It's like she's a newborn or something. Hopefully it's because she is teething and it will stop once she pops out a tooth!
* Tessa finally started rolling over consistently last week! Before she would only do it occasionally. I think it had to do with the big buddha belly...
* Tessa likes to sit up but still needs support and help from Mom and Dad.
And since everyone loves some cute baby pictures I thought I would end it with some pics of Tessa when she was first born and then now.
In the hospital...
That is awesome you guys are making your own baby food! And it looks like I get the very first comment, yes! : )
ReplyDeleteYes Sam you are the first comment! Thanks for leaving one... I want to know that people are actually reading this and that I'm not wasting my time writing these entries, so thank-you! :)
ReplyDelete- Brandi