Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Toy Story

Tessa has been pretty big into Toy Story lately. You might remember that I took Tessa to see Toy Story 3 over the summer. It was her first movie in the movie theater. With it being her first move at the theater and that it started about an hour before she usually took a nap, we did not stay for the entire movie. So when it came out on DVD, I had to buy it because I wanted to see the ending!

We watched it after I bought it and she never really cared much more about it. A few weeks ago she asked to watch a movie, so I put it on. She watched the entire thing.

Over the past weekend we went to an awesome Toy Story themed 2-year old birthday party for our neighbor and Tessa's future best guy buddy or boyfriend, Ashton. Tessa of course had fun and saw Toy Story stuff. So Monday night when I came home from work she asked to watch the movie again. I let her (I know, I'm a sucker!). Tonight when I came home she asked again but I made her settle for an episode of Dora instead (I'm still the sucker here, I know).

As she was playing with her baby dolls tonight I couldn't help but to think about the toys in Toy Story. What would Tessa's toys say about her when we aren't around?

Let's take this new baby doll she got for Christmas from Uncle Josh, Aunt Christina, and family. You will see that it is sporting a size 5 diaper, which is probably 5 sizes too big (in fact numerous baby dolls and small stuffed animals are sporting diapers these days). Tessa also decided to put stickers all over the baby doll's head and put the crown down over her eyes. When I tried to move the crown to the top of her head Tessa protested and moved it back down to where she thought it belonged.

So I can't help but to wonder what this little baby doll would say. But then again she is only 2 years old and actually loves all of her toys very much. So maybe they don't think it's too bad being owned by Tessa.

1 comment:

  1. Tessa is very creative, and toy story is a great movie...I only saw the first movie...but the toys were abused in the same funny way...

    This picture will be great to show Tessa when she is a teen !!!!

    ReplyDelete